Thursday 13 March 2008

Sufferings are Here to Build Us Up

The ride this few months has been a bumpy one. However, what I saw was how God has his way of using sufferings to build us to be stronger persons. During this period of difficulty, God talked to me through Rev. Stephen Tong’s sermons on Joseph. God let terrible things happen to Joseph but it was to build him up, and Joseph set a great example of how we should react during sufferings. Joseph stood by the words of God even if that meant trouble for him. I admit that I am a paranoid and someone that runs away from problems. But God let me witness that he will not forsake and will lead his children through storms. Recently Uncle Kim Hao’s sharing gave me a lot of strength; I see the peace and confidence that God has given him even in times of trouble. Just in a few months time, my father and I were diagnosed with problems with our body; luckily it was not something serious. I was down, really down, now I look back to see how silly I was. I didn’t wait patiently for God, but panic on my own. And then my father had to do this operation which kind of failed on the first go. I had to stay at home to take care of him even if we both have always not been on good terms. All that unwillingness just swelled up in me. But God wanted me to obey. He wants me to learn the lesson of love not only just inside CYYAM but also at home. Now God has led my father to an earlier operation to be done in Mount E on the coming Monday (please do pray for him). Its very ex, but at least we now know what the underlying problem is. And yes, we learnt to stop going to Changi Hospital next time, its just terrible, the doctors and everything…

I saw God’s hand bringing us through, even though sometimes we lack faith in God, I saw myself changing after all this ordeal. I am getting rid of some habits that does not pleases God and I am sure this is one of the reasons why God allowed the ordeal to happen. Please continue to pray for my family, it’s quite taxing financial wise because of all these. Pray that I will continue to let God mould me into a better person.

And yes. My results are out. MP got a B and passed my internship also. GPA 2.8. Good bye to Poly life. So fast... Maybe will write a post on my reflection on Poly life, but not now. Too emo to write now. Haha... Thank God for the results though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

philotheos said...

Hello.. haven't read ur blog for quite some time, which explains why this comment is so late. But thanks for your sharing. It's encouraging to read.. Really glad that God brought u thru all e difficulties, and that He taught u valuable lessons. Do continue to trust in Him! :)