Wednesday 12 March 2008

Its Gotta be Food Again!!!

Ok, its me, the food critic again. Its not that I have nothing to do, but I just love food! Haha…

Soup Spoon

Went to the famous Soup Spoon Restaurant for the first time in my life with brothers and sisters. A doubt about the Soup Spoon has always been in my mind, the doubt is whether a meal eaten in the Soup Spoon can really fill your stomach? Coz its just soup! You know? But then I WAS WRONG, the soup in soup spoon is amazingly filling and the size of the bowl is not small man!!! The bowl of soup is usually sold in a set. The set includes a drink and a sandwich and guess how much it costs??? JUST $11 and they will stuff your stomach to the fullest. That’s cheaper then Ajisen Ramen Restaurant lor! I ordered a bowl of mushroom soup, a smoked salmon sandwich and a glass of cold iced lemon tea. The mushroom soup is super gravy like and before I could finish, my stomach was already full and I left it to continue with my sandwich, after the sandwich my stomach was already near explosion. The soup is super rich with mushroom; just a bit plain in taste for my choice, the sandwich is super delicious. Other soup choices out there were, Pumpkin soup, Tokyo Chicken Soup, Clam Chowder and Beef Soup. Thumbs up for Soup Spoon, now I know why they are so successful in business.


Mushroom soup

Smoked salmon sandwich

This is the whole set.

Food Rating: 4.5/5

Ho Kee Pau Restaurant

This restaurant is near Aljunied MRT station, it sells all kinds of Dim Sum and is famous for their Pau, went with my mum on the day I went to register for SAT. We ordered 牛腩面,虾饺and韭菜饺, not bad, the food portion for the dim sum is acceptable, the牛腩面 is not bad too, just that I would prefer they use more 肥厚的牛腩,all the inside my bowl 瘦瘦的. Overall, not bad lar.


牛腩面

虾饺韭菜饺

Food Rating: 3.5/5

Inle Restaurant

Me, Gloria and Yan Heng went to this Myanmar Restaurant one Sunday before going to Stephen Tong’s sermon. At first I was a bit doubtful of whether would I like the food there, coz its Myanmar cuisine. But it turns out not too bad, though not a restaurant that I will go in on my own will. We ordered this deep fried cucumber or something like that. Not bad. For my main course, I ordered this pork with shrimp paste, gosh, and its super salty!!! Have to eat it with rice and drink a lot a lot of water, if not kena kidney problem. Quite a special experience, first time eating Myanmar food.

Deep fried cucumber

Pork with shrimp paste

Food rating: 2.5/5

奇迹的
Popiah Unknown Auntie 的米粉

We had a small event on Valentine’s Day. The activities included making Popiah and watching a Korean variety show which features Super Junior prepared by Xiao Ling and gang. Haiz… Super Junior (Sorry, I don’t like boy bands. Haha…) The DIY Popiah is fun to make sia. We added fillings of what we like on our own will. Wai Yee is the most creative, go add 米粉 inside the Popiah and let Mei Feng eat. Later she even put Ferrero Rocher into the Popiah and eat it herself, gosh… I CAN’T imagine the TASTE. (Wai Yee we know we have to try out new things, but some things put together sure not nice de is common sense. AHAHAHA… Like who would put da bian and food together? AHAHAHA… Just kidding, don’t be offended ar. AHAHAHA…) The Popiah taste quite ok, the 米粉 is very nice leh, but Mei Feng don’t like, I like the strong sesame flavor it has. But nonetheless, had a great time and great night. We are celebrating love you know, but not the BGR kind of love, but love inside the fellowship. Haha…


Ingredients for popiah

米粉

DIY Popiah

哇!Mei Feng, the 野人!啊哈哈。。。"We want food!, we want food!"
Wai Yee also joined in the 野人党!
Food rating: 2.5/5
Victor’s Kitchen



Before I even go to this place for dinner, I had already known this small tiny restaurant through a food variety show shown on TV. It is famous for its Dim Sum and most importantly the steamed carrot cake served with self made XO sauce. The owner/main chef of this restaurant is a Hong Konger who set up a small shop over here to make authentic Hong Kong Dim Sums. However, I didn’t note down the location of the restaurant. But 天注定我要吃这店的东西, haha… Yan Heng brought us there before a Stephen Tong sermon on Sunday. Now I know the location, it’s a Sunshine Plaza near Sim Lim Square. The dim sums were nice, very Hong Kong style. Of course, we ordered the signature dish, the steamed carrot cake, really nice and soft with plenty of carrot slices, just that the 腊味 and dried scallop is pitifully few. The carrot cake is best eaten with the XO sauce. Go try out. Highly recommended.

Food rating: 4/5


Last two weeks, I joined Xiaoling, Wai Yee, Shu Mei, Kai En, Wei En, Vinc and family, Pei En, Wei Hong, Yan Heng for steamboat (Haha… I sacrificed Stephen Tong’s sermon for that, ops…) Had a great fellowship. Had a super loud and crazy laugh when Yan Heng poured everything into the steamboat making the soup nearly overflow. Haha… Anyway, got self control this time also, I didn’t literally stuff my stomach until bursting point. The food taste ok, coz I too engrossed in all the laughing and chit chatting. And yay, my first photo with baby leah, isn’t she cute??????


Went window shopping afterwards and wore this stupid hairband in one of the shops. Haha... Do I look like M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E???

Food rating: 3/5

The first time I saw this photo, I laughed until like crazy, thanks har, Wai Yee, your creativity brought us many laughter! Haha…


Click to view larger picture

No comments: