Saturday 17 January 2009



小娘惹 is one of the best Singapore production I have seen in ages, even though I did not watch much due to the fact that I am in army, but I did watch the final episode. Ahaha... (Thanks to Staff Chua, he let us go watch in the mess! Ahaha...) The filming technique is so artistic and the story telling is so well done, I was actually touched by the plot, (not one Singapore production can do that to me after 出路), wah, can fight with productions from other countries already. For the cast wise, I think pretty Jeanette Aw acting improved a lot, Joanne Peh's acting has already reached an exellent level. I think besides the plot, its the cultural aspect that made the series a hit. It has always been the case that when TV productions put in their efforts to film something about a certain culture, it will always be a hit, examples are like 出路,金枝欲孽,大长今, 宫, thats why I have always believed in what an ex Korean president said “文化是最好的卖点”. That also explains why Korean TV series has such an hit in Asia. I have read from magazines that Nonya culture is becoming a craze now, the same scenario as 大长今 when it was aired throughout Asia. Haha... I did fell in love with Korean food for a period of time after 大长今. I think that's the case with other people now. I heard Perenakan museums in Malacca are flooded with tourists. See how strong a TV series can do to bring people to appreciate certain cultures? Now that the DVD is out, haha... I actually want to buy it. I might wait for the whole series DVD out then buy, cheaper mar. Haha...

Anyway, on the hand, I did quite well for IPPT last Tuesday for the first time, even though I did not pass, but the overall improvement were quite a lot. My SBJ (From 200 to 215, this is why I failed, fail by 1 cm!) haha..., shuttle run (From 10.5 to 10.2), chin up (From 6 to 7), sit ups (41, my usual standard) and 2.4 (From 12.51 to 11.23, from fail to a silver timing sia). So very happy, a lot of people also did well and passed, so we were granted nights out on Tuesday! Haha... Next IPPT I aim for pass every single station!!! Ok, thats all for now.

No comments: